Sales & Marketing Director
Direct Report: Managing Director
The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for marketing and selling Kitestring’s brand and services.
Responsible for developing new business via prospecting, face-to-face calls, cultivating lists and leads for top-tier marketers or their agencies in need of stunning visuals created through photography, CGI, video, retouching or a combination of any or all. In addition, responsible for planning, development and implementation of the company’s sales and marketing strategies and communications, both external and internal.
Responsible for the management of all new business plans and activities for which increased revenue and profits will be realized, upholding the Kitestring vision.
- Assist in defining goals for new business development.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Meet with Directors at the beginning of each month to discuss sales objectives and action plans for the upcoming month, and work together to determine if goals will be met by incoming projects and if the company has the bandwidth to meet established sales needs.
- Work with all Directors to develop and lead new business pitches and orchestrate the development of proposals, RFP responses and new business presentations.
- Build and maintain a permission-based list of prospects and influencers (using an online CRM tool such as Salesforce) and send appropriate periodic e-mailings featuring useful information of interest to the prospect (not Kitestring news or chest-pounding).
- Develop emails, newsletters, search marketing ads and other online tactics to reach prospective audiences.
- Work with Directors to help establish unique selling propositions for Kitestring’s services.
- Identify meaningful networking opportunities and partners within the city, region and beyond for new business opportunities.
- Continuously visualize growth opportunities for both current and new clients.
- Actively listen to customer needs, respond promptly to inquiries, and communicate all positive feedback to Managing Director. In addition, routinely keep Managing Director informed about any timeline, bandwidth, ongoing budget and delivery issues.
- After vetting new prospects, or when an inquiry becomes a project, hand off to customer service and producer(s) to develop scope of work, estimate, and timeline as requested.
- Research prospects, industries, products, etc. that should be targeted, and work with Marketing Director to develop effective deliverables, including brochures, reels/CDs and demos.
- Build contacts in the community and selected industry trade organizations to develop additional prospects.
- Engage in ongoing coaching and teambuilding, specifically when it comes to new business and sales teams. Help team members learn to take risks, make wise decisions, improve their performance, and reach their potential via strategic planning and forecasting.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews. Proactively communicate to the Managing Director when performance issues arise, and have a solution in place.
- Attend weekly studio meetings to stay current with workload, new technology, industry and community events that would affect new business efforts. Prepare report-out to be shared with other departments.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market/business leads and opportunities. Evaluate market research and adjust new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Initiate and manage effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a prospect database.
- Work collaboratively with the Managing Director to ensure all communications and materials reflect the agency brand personality.
- Along with Visual Director, manage and update the company website, ensuring the content remains fresh and that examples of work, case studies and internal information stay up to date.
- Update and maintain both offline and online directory listings, including, but not limited to, studio-specific directories, business directories, paid listing services and those hosted by studio search consultancies.
- When necessary, work with appropriate public relations professionals and regularly identify opportunities to publicize Kitestring (e.g., news of new clients, people, or work).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years' experience in marketing, sales management and/or new business development.
- BA or BS degree, or equivalent, required; MBA or advanced degree in business preferred.
- Superior computer skills and exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills required.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal direction who displays excellent interpersonal, selling, and negotiating skills.
- Capable of working with others in a friendly, cooperative manner that encourages collaboration.
- Experience working closely and effectively communicating with multiple teams and senior leadership.
- Proven success in managing people, improving processes and increasing profits for companies.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and suggest conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Expert negotiating skills and proven success in sales, business development and relationship building.
- High level of comfort, and extensive experience in, making cold calls and visits.
- Ability to strategically pick projects that will increase business for company, while also anticipating problems and outlining how they will be overcome.
Apply for this job